Terms & Conditions
ABU DHABI AIRPORTS makes the Abu Dhabi Duty Free Website (the “Website”) available to you to provide information about Abu Dhabi Airport Duty Free and to provide an online shop for the pre-order of duty free products. These Terms only apply to your viewing and/or use of the Website. If you use one of the links on the Website to visit any other websites , then your viewing and/or use of these websites and any transactions you may make through them, will be governed by separate terms and conditions provided on those websites.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, placing an order, or accessing the Website, the user wishing to access and use the Website declares his/her ability to accept the Terms, that is of legal age and not under guardianship. If the user is below the legal age, he/she declares to have obtained prior permission from their parents, tutors or legal representatives to access the Website and accept these Terms. The holder(s) of parental/guardianship authority has (have) accepted to guarantee compliance with all the provisions of these Terms and Conditions in the use of the Website. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Website at any time if you breach any of these Terms, the UAE laws applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi or the policies of Abu Dhabi Airports.
ABU DHABI AIRPORTS COMPANY PJSC is a public joint stock company registered in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) under commercial registration number 1004995 and has its principal place of business at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Abu Dhabi, UAE, with registered address PO Box 94449, Abu Dhabi, UAE (ABU DHABI AIRPORTS).
A reference to:
- Abu Dhabi Airports includes all Abu Dhabi Duty Free Company LLC, a sole shareholder limited liability company under commercial registration number CR- 2290613.
- a person includes , firm, a body corporate, an unincorporated association, an individual, or an authority and the person’s executors, administrators, successors, permitted substitutes (including persons taking by novation), authorized representative(s), and permitted assigns;
- a Law includes regulations and other instruments under it and amendments or replacements of any of them;
- a product includes the whole and each part of it;
- a group of persons includes all of them collectively, any two or more of them collectively and each of them individually;
- "include" (in any form) or "for example" or "such as", when introducing a list, does not limit the list to those items or to items of a similar kind;
- these Terms include all amendments and supplements to, or replacement or Abu Dhabi Airports policies or directions hereto; and
- headings, examples and notes are for guidance only and do not govern the meaning of this Concession Agreement.- “We” or “Us” includes ABU DHABI AIRPORTS and any subsidiary of it including Abu Dhabi Duty Free Company LLC.
- "You" means the person placing an order.
Access to the site
We have endeavored to provide you with information on the Website that is relevant and useful but we do not make any undertaking or guarantee that it will meet your particular needs or that the information published on the Website will be completely accurate.
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises we may suspend access to the Website or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Commentary and any materials posted on the Website (including but without limitation to any information about the corporate affairs of the ABU DHABI AIRPORTS Group) are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website to users who have registered with us. There will also be times when we need to carry out routine or emergency maintenance on the Website. We therefore do not guarantee that the Website will always be available or that it will always perform at a particular speed or with particular functionality.
We reserve the right to withdraw the Website at any time if we need to.
Your Obligations when Accessing the Website
You may only view and use the Website in accordance with these Terms and for lawful and proper purposes.
You expressly agree that you will not do any of the following:
- Use or access the Website in any way that breaches any laws, regulations, codes of practice within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi or the Federation of the UAE, or any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Website ;
- Use or access the Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any information on or via the Website which is or may be harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, vulgar, libelous, defamatory, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise illegal;
- Knowingly use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of the Website;
- Knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code, designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Gain (or attempt to gain) unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt: (i) any part of the Website ; (ii) any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; (iii) any software used in the provision of the Website ; or (iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
- Use the Website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of our rights or the rights of a third party;
- Deface, alter or interfere with the front end look and feel of the Website;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website or its infrastructure; or
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website, except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms.
Where breach of any of the above mentioned undertakings is a criminal offence we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
You may not link to our home page without our prior written approval.
If you choose, or you are provided with a user identification code or password as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual Property Rights
All trademarks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights (IP Rights) in:- (a) the material published on the Website; (b) the design, organization and layout of the Website ; and (c) any software or underlying software code that is made available for download from the Website (Software), are owned by us or our licensors.
Except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms, you may not, without our prior written consent:
- Copy, reproduce, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, display, post, sell, transfer or transmit in any form or by any means, any material on the Website or any software, whether in whole or in part nor use the material to create derivative works;
- Use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes;
- Create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading or storing any content;
- Modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- Remove the copyright and trademark notices (whether ours or those of our licensors or contributors) from any copies of content under these Terms; or
- Distribute, display or copy to any third parties the contents of the pages in the Website, including not limited to “caching” any material on the Website for access by third parties and “mirroring” any material on the Website.
You may view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of the Website or any part thereof, provided that: (a) such content is used for information purposes only, (b) such content is used for non-commercial purposes; (c) you do not incorporate any material from the Website in any other work, publication or Website (whether your own or that of a third party); and (d) any reproduction of the content or any part thereof must include all copyright and trademark notices.
To the maximum extent permitted by law all representations, terms, warranties, conditions and commitments not expressly set out in these Terms are hereby excluded.
Your use of the Website and the information contained therein is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use thereof.
Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or fraud, we do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using the Website. In particular, we shall not be liable for: (a) any loss of profits; or (b) any loss of earnings; or (c) any loss of anticipated savings; or (d) any loss of goodwill or revenue; or (e) any loss or corruption of data; or (e) any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material, due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Website linked to it.
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Information About You
By using the Website, you consent to such processing (and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate). You also consent to our (at our discretion) posting any feedback you give through the Website with or without acknowledging you as the author, and you will be deemed to have given us a perpetual royalty free licence to adapt, incorporate your feedback in other works or otherwise use it as we see fit.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Federal Laws of the United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The courts of Abu Dhabi will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the site, but we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to amend any part of the Website, including these Terms. We therefore recommend that you re-visit this page from time to time, as these amendments will be binding on you.
Abu Dhabi Duty Free Online Shop
These General Terms and Conditions shall be applicable for pre-order of duty free products at Abu Dhabi Duty Free Online Shop.
Order Validation and Acceptance
Online ordering for Abu Dhabi Duty Free is only available to passengers who are arriving, departing, or transiting through Abu Dhabi International Airport. The passenger will have to provide their flight details through the Website when placing the order.
The order must be placed at least four hours prior to the arrival or departure of the passenger’s flight.
Prices throughout the Abu Dhabi Duty Free Online Shop are quoted in UAE Dirham, and payment can only be accepted in UAE Dirham.
Your placement of an order via www.addf.ae is an offer to purchase the products displayed on the Website. ABU DHABI AIRPORTS holds all rights to accept or decline for reasons that may or may not be disclosed to buyers.
Online order confirmation does not guarantee delivering the products to the buyer. It only confirms the buyer's interest in purchasing the particular products. No order shall be considered to be accepted by ABU DHABI AIRPORTS until you receive a notification email confirming your purchase. If we decline to accept your order, we will attempt to notify you using the email address or the phone number you have provided with your order.
ABU DHABI AIRPORTS may limit or cancel products available for purchase on any order on any basis, and to alter the availability of any product sold through www.addf.ae. ABU DHABI AIRPORTS may reject any order, or any part of an order.
When you place an order through www.addf.ae, you are required to provide a valid email address, which we may use to communicate with you regarding the status of your order, and to provide you with any other notices, disclosures or other communications relating to your order. You agree that ABU DHABI AIRPORTS will not be responsible for any damage you incur, or information you do not receive, as a result of your failure to provide a valid email address.
Abu Dhabi Duty Free Online Shop follows the industry standard, Secure Sockets Layer protocol, "SSL," for the transfer of data over the internet. Any information you share during the online transaction is encrypted.
By completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.
All orders by credit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer. Products will not be made available (or links to online products) until we have authorization from your payment card issuer. We will not be liable if there is a delay, and we will not accept your order if payment is not authorized.
We do not have to accept your order, and for example, we will not accept your order if:
- We do not have the products in stock
- Your payment is not authorized
- There is an error on our Abu Dhabi Duty Free Online Shop regarding the price or other details of the products
- You have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions below
It is your responsibility to submit refund claims along with the online sales receipt. Refunds will be at the discretion of ABU DHABI AIRPORTS and will be re-credited to the debit / credit card originally used for the purchase of the item. Such refunds will be processed by ABU DHABI AIRPORTS within 2 business days of receipt of the claim, and the refund will be credited to the customer’s debit / credit card depending on the card issuer’s processing period. ABU DHABI AIRPORTS reserves the right to refuse a refund and their decision is final.
You represent and warrant that the information you have submitted to us in your registration or order is true, accurate and complete. You agree not to use false names or addresses, or card details or any other false information, in using the Abu Dhabi Duty Free Online Shop.
The ordered products are to be collected from the designated collection point at Abu Dhabi International Airport as informed in the order confirmation email sent to the passenger after placement of the order.
The ordered products will be handed over to the passenger who placed the order, upon presentation of a valid passport and boarding pass at the designated collection point at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
No Show and Cancellation
If the passenger fails to show up at the designated collection point, ABU DHABI AIRPORTS will try to contact the passenger through the email address or phone number provided at the time of placement of the order.
ABU DHABI AIRPORTS excludes any and all liability for damages arising as a result of failure of a customer to collect the ordered products from designated collection points in due time. In all cases, ABU DHABI AIRPORTS accepts no liability beyond a refund of the cost of the item.
ABU DHABI AIRPORTS shall not be liable in respect of any failure to fulfill its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such failure is due to reasons or circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to: government interference, direction or restriction; war or civil disorders; strikes; blockade; insurrections; riots; acts of nature; disasters; diseases; epidemics; terrorist actions; or other emergencies.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website , please contact email@example.com